Your Guide to Installing Your Own Chain Link Fence
Are you ready to embark on the journey of fence installation? Follow these steps to make the process smooth and successful.
1. Plan Your Fence Installation Project: Begin by marking the boundary where your chain link fence will go.
2. Set the Corner Posts: Start by digging holes for the corner posts, which are the backbone of your fence. Place them at the corners of your boundary, ensuring they are level and plumb.
3. Install Line Posts: Space line posts evenly along the line, typically every 10 feet or as specified by your fence’s height and design. Dig holes, insert the posts, and secure them with concrete.
4. Attach Top Rails: Connect the top rails to the line posts, creating a sturdy framework for your fence.
5. Unroll and Install Mesh: Unroll the chain link mesh along the fence line. Secure it to the posts using tension bands and bolts.
6. Install Gate: If your fence includes a gate, install it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Ensure it swings smoothly and securely latches.
7. Finishing Touches: Secure the bottom of the fence mesh with tension wire or a bottom rail. Trim any excess mesh and add post caps for a polished look.
8. Regular Maintenance: To keep your chain link fence looking its best, regularly inspect for damage, make repairs as needed, and consider applying a coat of paint or rust-resistant finish.